- For a beginner he will be learning wrong concepts like conio.h and clrscr must be used in all c programs
- Return type of main is int in all standard C compilers but Turbo C forces void
- Difficulty in coding- Turbo C forces all declarations before any function call while Standard C compilers allows declaration anywhere.
- int a  is not possible in Turbo C while modern compilers allow at least 100 times this size.
- Far, huge pointers- another not needed concept in Turbo C
- C is for system programming, Turbo C won’t teach you any system as DOS is no longer in use
- “I code in Turbo C” is enough to get the exit ticket from any good company interview
- I’m lazy- I don’t want to write conio.h, clrscr and getch for every C code when it is absolutely not necessary to type them in any standard C compiler
- A C compiler is supposed to translate a C code to machine code. But the code generated by Turbo C is not meant for any current machine (architecture). It is meant only for DOS (just because DOS emulator is there it works in Windows, but not useful for making any application outside DOS). Use the appropriate compiler for your machine and choose others when you can’t find one. In most architecture you can get gcc which is the most widely used compiler and is also opensource.
Best option for System Programming
on 64 bit machines
Any other flavor of Linux would also do.
For anymore doubt in installation you can ask below. It hardly takes 20-30 minutes to dual boot your laptop with both windows and Ubuntu.
For those who don’t want to use Ubuntu (I don’t know why?) and want to use only Windows
7,828 total views, 4 views today