GATE CSE is the resource portal of GATE Overflow which is the most used site for GATE preparation in CS/IT. We are committed to providing top quality contents for helping aspirants to clear GATE with high scores. Anyone interested in Computer Science can benefit from the contents here. See GATE subjects link for subject specific resources. Also, use the Category navigator on the sidebar to pinpoint to a given category. If you have a doubt, then ask on GATE Overflow.
For PDF version of GATE Overflow book see here.
- Because it is a lifetime opportunity to be in a world class institute
- PSUs do recruit from GATE- See the PSU tab here
- Preparing for GATE do help in other exams which are given here
- Most people after Masters in IITs/NITs go for job and only few (less than 20%) go for Ph.D. So, don’t think GATE is meant for teachers
- Even after Ph.D. not everyone becomes a faculty. There are research jobs in companies like IBM-IRL, Microsoft Research, Xerox Research and many others
- Even if you want to do MS abroad preparing for GATE does no harm. It’ll surely help you for MS as GATE is checking just your basics in Computer Science subjects
Exams I can attempt along GATE
- CSIR NET: Even B.Tech. people can write this exam. 50% exams come from CS topic while 50% from other areas like EC. This score helps your for Research admissions in IITs/IISc. Happens twice a year.
- UGC NET: Same as above but restricted to Master students (including MCA).
- TIFR: For those interested in Theoretical Computer Science. Happens in December.PGEEE: IIITH is comparable to old IITs. Even if you are not financially sound you should consider taking loan and joining here as you can easily pay back loan after studying here.
- BITS HD
- Other PSU exams. See PSU tab here
For application deadlines, coming exams and expected result dates, see Important Dates.
GATE CS Syllabus
Tips and Advices
You must be logged in to post a comment.