GATECSE Book Update April 2021:
- April 21: Pre-ordering starts. Discounted price of Rs. 1200 for 3 volumes + Rs. 200 shipping to anywhere in India until April 30.
- May 25: Pre-ordering ends. After April 30, payment will be Rs. 1300 + Rs. 200 shipping.
- May 28: Address confirmation email will be sent to those who preordered and they can reply back if there is any change in address
- June 5: Book starts shipping for those who preordered – tracking number will be emailed and delivery time will within be 4-8 days depending on distance from Trivandrum
- If for any chance the book gets returned, your booking amount will be fully refunded (chance for this based on previous bookings with Indiapost is <1%)
- June 15: Softcopy will be made available at http://book.gateoverflow.in — same as the hardcopy including answers for all questions
- July xx: Books will be available from Amazon. Expected price is Rs. 2000 (Including Amazon charge of ~30%)
- As before the hardcopy will be having all GATE CSE questions since 1987 answered with some of them having multiple answers (best answer selected on GO + Useful answer marked by admins)
- Only out of syllabus questions are omitted
- Descriptive and fill in the blank type of questions from old GATE papers are included
- 12*8 = 96 sets of previous year Aptitude questions are included from all the branches, not just CSE
- Questions from GATE 2020 and 21 added
- Fixes in questions, answers and other typos
- Answer key table for each subject (for quick checking of answers) in addition to answers
- Classification of questions as per the new syllabus
- TIFR questions are moved out of GATECSE book and will be made available as a separate PDF
- Paper and printing quality remains the same as last one – Matte finish Art paper (it is not like any Low Price Edition Book)
Please use this form to specify your interest and you’ll be notified once the prebooking starts. If any book center would like to bulk order the book, please contact at support at gateoverflow dot com
We are not having a new book for GATE2021 as our focus is on GATE 2021 Test Series this year. You can use the 2020 version of the PDF and we’ll try to make the extra questions of GATE2020 and TIFR2020 available (they are already on GO site) in a PDF format by the time subjectwise tests are over by November.
Update July 2018
This is a major update with regard to formatting. Content wise GATE 2018 and a few other new questions were added. Most of the images were redrawn and most of the contents were formatted using Latex. Also, a different version was made for printing with BW theme and QR codes for all reference links.
Update September 2017
This is a minor update over the last one removing some non-previous year questions which happened to come by mistake and also removing the background for questions and answers for better print quality.
Update July 2017
GO PDF is now being made available in multiple volumes due to the large size of the PDF and for ease of printing. The first one containing Engineering Mathematics, Discrete Mathematics, and General Aptitude can be downloaded from below link. GO classroom account is same as GO account with a new password which is automatically emailed to all GO users. You can enroll on GATE 2018 course (all courses are free) and get a notice for further PDFs or any other updates.
Update on GO PDF hard copy shall be given by August second week.
For new book notifications please enroll in the below course
- GATE 1987-1990 and 2017 questions added
- New color scheme
- ISI/CMI questions also added
- Questions in each topic are now counted
- All the questions are classified to a topic
Update October 2016
This is the recommended book by me for Q/A for GATE. Last year, exams like ISRO, IIIT-H and some PSU exams including Kerala had many previous year GATE questions ditto. Though such things happen only for aptitude section in GATE, many other questions are derivatives of previous year questions. TIFR questions are also of the same level if not a bit harder. I do not recommend any other questions.
- Added number of questions to each Category
- Better Topic listing
- Ability to move to topic heading from any question and category head from any topic
- Moved all answers to end of each topic
- Topics added as bookmark in supported PDF viewers
Update April 2016
- Tags added to each question
- Questions are ordered not only by subject but also by topic
- Up-votes for answers showing the amount of acceptance
279,440 total views, 220 views today